Gold Cross Ambulance was founded in 1968 by Chairman of the Board and CEO Gene Moffitt, with the vision of providing quality medical care and customer service to anyone regardless of race, creed, color, religion or the ability to pay.
Gold Cross Ambulance employs highly trained and certified paramedics, EMT's and other medical professionals. With a fleet of specially equipped emergency vehicles and a state-of-the-art communications center, Gold Cross responds to calls in Salt Lake, Uintah, Utah, Washington and Juab Counties.
As an industry leader in emergency medical services for over forty years, Gold Cross has a number of qualifications that set it apart from other providers, including the following:
- Gold Cross employs over 350 personnel.
- Gold Cross operates a fleet of 65 ambulances.
- Gold Cross is a non-subsidized, fiscally responsible, private entity. 100% supported by regulated user fees.
- Gold Cross is an active participant in a wide variety of local, state, and national EMS committees that support the development of the ambulance industry.
- Gold Cross has provided ambulance service in Utah for over 40 years, longer than any other private ambulance provider.
- All employees are certified by the Utah Department of Health, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services (BEMS), the regulatory agency in Utah for EMS.
- Gold Cross has established a Quality Assurance/Improvement process to ensure its services are provided in a quality manner.
- Gold Cross utilizes a Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) based Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) system to aid our dispatchers in sending the closest available ambulance on emergency calls.
- Gold Cross provides its services within all state and nationally recognized guidelines and standards. Response times to calls meet or exceed the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard, #1710.
The company has a long history of giving back to the community with it’s outreach programs to local schools, churches and community centers promoting safety and awareness; health education programs; and participation in mock disaster drills with local, county and state emergency response officials.
Gold Cross supports and maintains trusted partnerships with: Salt Lake County, Murray, South Salt Lake, Uintah County, Unified Fire Authority, University of Utah Events & Athletics (football, basketball, gymnastics) Utah Jazz NBA Basketball, REAL MLS Soccer, Salt Lake City School District Athletics (West, East Highland High Schools), Granite School District Athletics (Cottonwood, Cyprus, Granger, Hunter, Kearns, Olympus, Skyline, Taylorsville High Schools), Utah State Fair.